Can yaboot delay for kernel choice?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:37:37 EST 2009

Hi,
   I'm trying to add a new kernel to my Mac Mini but when I boot
yaboot just jumps immediately to my old kernel immediately without
giving me a chance to select the new one. I have a couple of
delay/timeout things I got from a Gentoo page but they aren't working
or I don't know the trick to get them to work. If I change the default
line then the new kernel boots, but I'd like the choice at boot time.

   I have very little experience on PPC. Each time I edit
/etc/yaboot.conf I then run ybin -v to do the update. This is correct?

   Anyone see anything wrong here? Best would be a list of kernel
choices like I get from grub if possible.

Thanks,
Mark

boot=/dev/hda2

device=/pci at f4000000/ata-6 at d/disk at 0:2

partition=4

delay=5

default=2.6.24-gentoo-r3
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

image=/boot/kernel-2.6.28-gentoo-r5
        label=2.6.28-gentoo-r5
        root=/dev/hda4
        partition=4
        append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8 at 60"
        read-only

image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3
        label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3