Booting yaboot on a headless powermac

tompouce t.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:21:26 EST 2009

Hi!

It's been a month since I'm trying to make my PowerMac 867mhz boot without a
monitor.

At first I thought it was because of my version of linux, then I thought it
was because I did not had any mac partition on it... But now I really know
that it's due to yaboot.

Here's my config:
boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/ata-4 at 1f000/disk at 0:
partition=4
root=/dev/hda4
timeout=1
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot
enableofboot
macosx=/dev/hda3

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="nosplash video=radeonfb:1024x768-24 at 60"

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old
        append="nosplash video=radeonfb:1024x768-24 at 60"

I wonder what's wrong, but when I boot headless, it does not go to linux at
all (no logs at all are created).

Any ideas about this issue? Thanks!