Issue with yaboot and secondary drive on G5

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 08:46:35 EST 2008

Hi all,
     I've come across a series of issues attempting to boot Linux (in
particular Gentoo Linux 2007.1 and Yellow Dog Linux 5.0) via yaboot on a G5
I acquired. I finally determined that the issue stemmed from the fact that
the drive was being improperly detected / parsed from open firmware (root
was being mapped to cd instead of cd1). I'll see if I can debug / solve this
issue and submit a proper patch with the latest yaboot sources as soon as
possible.
Thanks,
-Garrett