Yaboot thin client configuration

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:27:24 EST 2007

On 19/10/2007, Don Venardos <dvenardos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure yaboot on a NewWorld imac G3 to be able to
> select between Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, and a thin client LTSP login?
> The LTSP login could be either be a netboot or run a local script that
> performs the netboot process. I would like to configure this imac as a
> thin client to an x86 Edubuntu server.

To be honest this isn't yaboot but the first stage boot chooser script
in forth and it's pretty trivial to do. Do you want the boot script
installed on the machine or net booted?

> Is it possible to install yaboot without installing a linux distro, as
> the linux option will only be a thin client option.

Again you're not really installing the yaboot binary but a chooser
script. If I give you a copy of  a script and install instructions,
plus netboot guidelines for the ltsp setup are you able to test it
out?

Paul