Installing Ubuntu on an XServe

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 11:05:21 EST 2007

I can confirm that the bug doesn't appear using the Debian net install
CD, but now I'm confused as to how I might install Ubuntu. If I set up
the RAID array using the Debian CD, it doesn't show up when I switch to
an Ubuntu install.

Should I just give up on Ubuntu and install Debian or is there some way
to make this work? I'm not really set on Ubuntu except that, as I
mentioned, it's the distro we use in my thin client lab at school, so it
would be nice to be able to have the server and the lab using the same
versions of software to avoid any obscure bugs that incompatible
versions could lead to.

I retrieved the XServe from the ISP where it's been colocated and am
hoping to get the problem resolved. The good news now is that it's here
sitting on my desk, so I can access it to answer any questions almost
immediately.

Thanks again,
Todd