Yaboot/Debian w/ Slave in powermac G4 (G3 Architecture)...

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 02:22:14 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 22:31 -0800, telemetric (sent by Nabble.com)
wrote:
> System: g4 powermac blue and white tower with single processor and "G3
> arcitecture"(mainboard)
>
> Same problem as described here, tried debian net-install and full twin dvd
> but yaboot wouldnt boot, so made slave(linux) the master and master(osx) the
> slave with jumpers.

I think this may be an ofpath issue, can you grab ofboot.b (use hcopy )
and give me the output of ofpath for each of the drives eg:

ofpath /dev/hda

Also if you could upload a tarball of /proc/device-tree and /proc/ide
that'd be useful

> yaboot works correctly now, with both options (mac osx and linux) dual boot
> menu working :)

Paul