ofpath broken on dual G5

Eric Rodriguez-Diaz tidris769 at cox.net
Sat Jun 10 12:26:40 EST 2006

I am new to the list, so please excuse me if this has been discussed before.

I have a dual 2 GHz G5 machine with a pair of internal serial ATA hard
disks. The ofpath script produces bad output for "/dev/sda" and
"/dev/sdb". The output is "/disk at 0:" for both of them.

I first noticed this when installing Ubuntu 6.06 recently. The bad
output from ofpath results in a bad yaboot.conf file that in turn
prevents booting Ubuntu or OSX after the Ubuntu installation.