Yaboto version numbering.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Oct 20 11:55:43 EST 2011

Hi all,
	I'm thinking of changing the yaboot version numbers.  The current
"1.3" portion is pretty meaningless, all I do is update the 3rd number
with a new release.

So I'm thinking of changing the numbering scheme to be something like
1.$major.$minor  With the typical meanings for major and minor.

So the next release would be 1.18.0, then I can add trivial bugfixes and
bump the minor number.  Which will hopefully make it easy for
distributions to track a released branch.

Once 1.19.0 is released the 1.18.x branch wouldn't get anymore updates.

Any objections?

I'm particularly keen to hear from distribution package maintainer on how
that scheme will work with their distribution.

Yours Tony