yaboot-1.3.17 failure on 9114-275 (power4+)

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Nov 30 13:43:32 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 02:04:55AM +0100, acrux_it at libero.it wrote:

> hallo Tony,
> i was just able to do another quick attempt:
> http://oi41.tinypic.com/f2ljrq.jpg

Thanks

> As i said this same 1.3.17 binaries are capable to boot kernels on
> YDL_Powerstation and IBM_OpenPOWER_710.
> That 9114-275 is the only problematic one... instead the same kernel boots
> fine with 1.3.16 .

Hmm I guess there was a reasonable amount of code added in that window.
Can I ask you to do 2 things for me.

1) Test 1.3.17-rc1 on that system.  That shoudl be pretty quick and
   narrow down where I shoudl look.
2) Send me your yaboot binary (off list), or a link to it if it's
   published already.

Yours Tony