yaboot-1.3.17 failure on 9114-275 (power4+)

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Dec 6 16:01:27 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 07:48:27PM +0100, acrux_it at libero.it wrote:

> ok, i moved this (damned weightly) old pSeries  to my home...
> this is my yaboot-debug binary (i use to dd yaboot.chrp on PreP partition)
> ftp://ftp.cruxppc.org/cruxppc/distfiles/2.7/yaboot-debug-bin-1.3.17-1.tar.xz

Thanks alot!  That was more effort than I was expecting you to go to.

> and this is my full output:

<snip>

>     ext2_read - ext_read() from pos 0x10000, size: 0x9210752x

Wow!  That gives me something to look at.  I doubt your kernel is really
0x9210752 (~146MB)

I'll poke around in that area.  I don't knwo if I can work this out from
the binaries I have but are the failing yaboot's built against the same
e2fsprogs version?

I think I may have found a power4 system similar to you 275.  I'll drag
it out of storgae and spin it up this week sometime.

Yours Tony