yaboot: multibooting problems

Super Biscuit super_bisquit at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 16:30:44 EST 2010

I bought my systems used. $200 total for: a G3 B&W, a G4 Quicksilver, and a G4 iMac. I spent $83 on a used SunBlade 1000. Do you know where I pick up my spare parts? In the trash, in dumpsters. My "elephant in the kitchen" is that I am poor.
I did not spend all of $283 in a single day. It was over a period of a year.

The PowerPC systems that can virtualize are way out of my price range even for the used ones.

What I asked for was help in making two systems bootable.
I've dd'ed ofwboot to a bootstrap partition before OpenBSD.
I haven't done anything outside of installing NetBSD.
The Open Firmware disk paths are easy.
Which partition on hdb is easy.
How to place ofwboot.xcf, ofwboot, and ofwboot.elf, where to place, and how to get OF to boot indirectly through yaboot is not.