Announcing yaboot 1.3.15 and 1.3.16

Roman Rakus rrakus at redhat.com
Tue Jul 20 02:18:32 EST 2010

On 07/19/2010 05:59 PM, Markus Baertschi wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Tony Breeds<tony at bakeyournoodle.com>wrote:
>

>> Hmm okay, Looking at the Changelog it's currently basically a dump of the
>> git
>> commit history.  Is that helpful?  I'd expect most people on the -devel
>> list
>> would has access to git and they certainly have access to:
>>         http://git.ozlabs.org/?p=yaboot.git;a=summary
>>
>> What would people like to see in the Changelog?

People would like to see in the Changelog the log of changes :) As
Markus said, it is worth to have changelog up to date. And you can see
it offline. At the least it is the good habit.
> It depends, there are times where I just want to know roughly what
> changed, mostly to see if there is a nice new feature making it worth
> to upgrade.
> Other times I have a gripe, open bug, which would not a make it into
> the summary kind of information above, then I'd need the detailed info.
> This can come out of the git commit log.
>
> For the CPAN tool I maintain in git I've written a small utility to extract
> the change log from git and I ship this as changes file. (attached)
>
> Markus

I guess the command `git log' is enough.

In my development of any software I don't have any changelog file in the
repo, but I'm generating it for every release. Having changelog in the
repo is the nonsense; you can see the log with git commands.

RR