Link between Yaboot and OpenFirmware

kiran kumar girmaji7 at rediffmail.com
Thu Sep 20 00:09:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I am working on PPC970 based platform.This board has PIBS firmware running on it.Goal is to boot linux from an external SATA hard drive( assuming PIBS support SATA).I want to use yaboot to load kernel images from SATA hard drive.I know that PIBS builds OF device tree and provide callbacks for yaboot.I am not clear with callback registering mechanism.Can anyone explain What's the exact link between PIBS and yaboot and where to find it?If you feel PIBS is too specific, co-relate Openfirmware and Yaboot and clear my doubts.

Plz reply.

Thanks in advance
kksol.