Netbooting like PXE

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 6 23:08:31 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 09:37 +0100, Benoit Guillon wrote:
> Thanks much. I've just checkouted the files, and I've seen there are
> some of my stupid debug printf in yaboot.c. Sorry for that! I attach a
> patch showing the ugly traces to remove.

Those particular debug traces are pretty ugly and uninformative to the
general public.

However, yaboot has an already-built-in function DEBUG_F() which works
sort of like a printf(), but only prints when DEBUG=1 is set in the
Makefile at build time.

So things like:
	DEBUG_F("/chosen/bootpath = %s\n", bootdevice);

Which show informative debug trace information can be exposed to
inquisitive users or developers at boot time.  Just a thought, but you
might consider making some of those into meaningful DEBUG_F() calls...

:-Dustin