[Patch] TEST - prom-libc malloc

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Thu Apr 19 02:27:13 EST 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 04:15:18PM +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Przemek Iskra <sparky at pld-linux.org> sent in a patch to replace the
> malloc in yaboot with one Ethan originally developed in prom-libc. It's
> possible this might be of use in increasing the tftp filesize limit.
>
> Various people have expressed interest in testing it out so I'm
> resending a rediffed version against git HEAD to enable testing. This
> probably will be destined for 1.3.15 not 1.3.14 though. Upping the tftp
> limit and trying kernels/images over 6MB would be useful.

As far as I remember tftp file size limit is caused by Open Firmware,
not by yaboot itself. That's why I've prepared other hach, which allows
multi-file initrd, same thing might be done when loading vmlinux, the
problem is it must be split to multiple files on the server. Anyway, I
don't think this malloc patch whould help.

I needed better malloc for help files and gunzip, without it, after
reading two or three helps yaboot faied to boot any kernel because of
lack of memory at the final stage.

P.S. I need to find some time to rewrite my hacks into nice improvements,
but, almost certainly, it wont happen for at least next two months :(

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org