Netbooting like PXE

Nathan Lynch ntl at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 03:17:42 EST 2006

Benoit Guillon wrote:
> Nathan Lynch wrote:
> >
> >Okay, here it is... it's very old, I doubt it applies cleanly and it's
> >probably buggy.  Enjoy :-)
> >
> >This is a combination of three patches (the first two for adding
> >prom_getproplen and ARRAY_SIZE) for getting the pxelinux config file
> >search working.
> >
> >Seems to work fine on power5.
> >

> Thanks much. It sounds much better than my little hack. The only thing I
> think should be changed is that the default config file should be loaded
> when the other cases fail (and not as first trial).

Oh, right, I meant to point out that potentially surprising behavior.
I think I had some small concern about backwards compatibility with
existing netboot environments in mind when I wrote it.  I probably
wouldn't have a problem with changing it (well I wouldn't have a
problem with someone else doing it, I have limited time for yaboot
these days ;)  Paul, what do you think about the file selection order?