FW: modified version of ybin

Sanders, Rob M. sanders-rob at zai.com
Tue Nov 28 00:15:04 EST 2006

Sorry if this hits the list twice, headset error on the first send....

Gents,
  I've attached a modified version of ybin.  My Apple G5 is set up with
a Panther (10.3) partition, a Tiger (10.4) partition, and multiple
versions of linux
(ydl4.0.91, ydl4.1, YHPC).  I wanted to be able to boot into any of
these from yaboot without needing to change the macosx pointer from
Panther to Tiger and back.
  I started with the version of ybin that shipped with YDL4.1 and copied
the macosx portions to appropriately tweaked Panther and Tiger tags.
Works on my box with out any problems.
  I've forwarded this off to the gang at TerraSoft Solutions, and have
mentioned it on the YellowDog board (www.yellowdog-board.com I believe,
but the link is
available at www.yellowdoglinux.com under support).
  I've called this beastie ybin_mod, just so I have a pristine copy of
ybin floating around 'just-in-case'.
                               Rob