Patches for the forthcoming 1.3.14 release

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 07:20:36 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 23:58 -0500, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
> All:
>
> Per Paul Nasrat's request please below a diff against the 1.3.14rc1
> tarball on yaboot.ozlabs.org. This patch comprises the sum total of the
> patches Gentoo applied to the 1.3.13 release.

Sorry for the delay in responding - comments below. Hopefully I'll be
able to make rc2 later this week, with these and some other changes.

> The patches do the following:
>
> 1). Add support for disabling ssp and pie with appropriate checks.

ssp check seems sane and I'm happy to apply - is nopie a gentoo specific
thing, it seems to be an invalid flag here.

> 2). Add yaboot.chrp (a copy of yaboot with addnote run over it) to the
> default install.

I know other distros do this so this seems sane.

> 3). Add usb-storage and sbp2 support to ofpath as well as provide a
> small fix to the k2-sata portion of the script

usb-storage and sbp2 support seem sane, I want to verify the k2-sata
part is correct so I might wait until after release.
.
> 4). Add a dualboot option to yabootconfig to attempt to locate MacOS and
> MacOS X installs.

Seems sane to do.

> 5). I took the liberty to bump the VERSION in all the appropriate
> scripts.

Cheers.

Paul