State of yaboot development

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 23:40:33 EST 2006

Things have been a little quiet with the holiday period, and the server
move.  I'd like to focus on moving forward on the 1.3.x branch. So here
is a list of of goals and tasks that I think need to be worked on.

Website - complete move to ozlabs, link from penguinppc.org, more
content, accessible arch.
Releases - release 1.3.14 rc
Future stable tree development - poll people for what they need/want for
1.3.x series.

I'll try and get the website done over the next week or so and get a
release candidate out for testing - there is a lot of stuff in HEAD that
people could use.

Future development I see three main focal points:

1) Hardware support (PegasOS, etc) -
2) Robustness (improve tftp, memory allocation, ofpath on multi disk
systems)
3) Improvements/New features (pxelinux style config search, configurable
conf files (from OF param/argument), etc)

If people can think of specifics features/bugs please let me know.

Paul