[snowpatch] snowpatch update

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com
Tue Nov 22 12:48:33 AEDT 2016

Greetings,

It's been a while since snowpatch has seen some serious action, mostly
as we've been waiting for the new series support and REST API to become
available in mainline Patchwork.

We're pleased to say that the series parsing and base REST API have been
merged, and a patchset to add series support to the REST API[0] is
currently under review. Many thanks to Patchwork contributors, in
particular Stephen Finucane and Daniel Axtens, for all their work on this!

Russell is currently working on reimplementing our Patchwork API support
for snowpatch 0.2. Our current progress can be found at [1], and will be
tidied up and merged into master as soon as the series REST API support
is merged into Patchwork.

The plan is to release snowpatch 0.2 shortly afterwards, hopefully in
the next few weeks.

Following this, we'll be looking to do a fairly short release cycle for
snowpatch 0.3 to add a few more useful features, to be released around
January 2017.

- Andrew

[0] https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2016-November/003676.html

[1] https://github.com/ruscur/snowpatch/tree/upstream-wip

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited