[snowpatch] Announcing snowpatch 0.1

Russell Currey ruscur at russell.cc
Fri Apr 1 18:52:02 AEDT 2016

snowpatch 0.1
-------------

Hello all,

snowpatch is finally public, as an open source project licensed under the
GNU General Public License version 2.  You can find the code hosted at
https://github.com/ruscur/snowpatch.

It is early days, but we've already achieved some pretty cool
functionality, and I hope that we can become a valuable part of the patch-
sending open source ecosystem.

We will be taking contributions via patches sent to this mailing list.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed ideas and requirements to snowpatch,
to IBM for supporting the project and to Andrew Donnellan for being an
invaluable contributor to a project I probably couldn't have followed
through to inception alone.  Also, thanks to the Rust community for always
being helpful.

Over the project not existing, we have the following changes:

Andrew Donnellan <andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com> (27):
      jenkins: Implement initial Jenkins API test program
      Update .gitignore
      Add Cargo.lock as per Rust version control guidelines
      jenkins: poll until jenkins build is completed
      Add README
      jenkins: separate test code from library code
      Merge branch 'jenkins-api'
      Add ajd to the Cargo.toml authors list
      Standardise copyright notices, add copy of GPLv2
      Add metadata to Cargo.toml
      update Cargo.lock
      Add crate name to Cargo.toml, tidy up imports in jenkins_test
      Test jenkins in main loop
      Merge branch 'master' of gitlab.ozlabs.ibm.com:ruscur/snowpatch
      Add some default jenkins parameters for testing
      Support specification of Jenkins job variables in config file
      Wait for child threads to finish before exiting main thread
      Begin refactoring of main module, create a main loop
      git: move apply patch code into separate, generic function
      patchwork: rename api module to patchwork
      Remove unused import
      patchwork: move API constants to patchwork module
      patchwork: Create PatchworkServer struct and move patchwork API calls
      standardise copyright notices
      main: clean up the main loop
      main: tidy up main()
      README: Add mailing list details and contribution rules

Russell Currey <ruscur at russell.cc> (37):
      Initial commit
      Initial support for series API
      Merge branch 'master' of gitlab.ozlabs.ibm.com:ruscur/skibot
      Initial support for mbox downloading
      Initial support for git branching and patching
      Add support for detailed API calls and result POSTing
      Fix copyright headers
      Update Cargo dependencies
      Rename project from skibot to snowpatch
      jenkins-api: Rename project from "skibot" to "snowpatch"
      Add initial configuration file example
      Merge TOML settings branch and update dependencies
      Heavy refactor removing a lot of hardcoding
      Merge branch 'master' of gitlab.ozlabs.ibm.com:ruscur/snowpatch
      Update settings.rs heading to the new style
      jenkins: Whitespace, style and warning fixes
      Fix all warnings in main.rs
      Add remote URI to the settings file
      Fix URLs in examples/openpower.toml
      Add docopt to dependencies and update
      Multiple project support and basic argument parsing
      Whitespace fixes
      Fix unparseable openpower.toml
      Remove downloaded patches after they're applied
      Rewrite docopt to make it simpler and better.
      Make the 'count' option work, and up the size
      Fix some warnings
      settings: Print why the TOML parsing failed
      Update dependencies
      Update README, adding Installation section
      examples: Don't send results to Patchwork by default
      jenkins_test: Fix bad whitespace
      utils:  Add utils with a whitespace sanitisation function
      git: Add push and pull functions
      settings: Make push_results a required option
      Add get_patch(), refactor Series->SeriesList & Result->Series
      Support specifying a mbox file for testing