[SLOF] Fwd: No read word in slof

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 17:18:34 AEST 2024

On 02/07/2024 15.41, Jd Lyons wrote:

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> *From: *Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel.crashing.org>
>> *Subject: **Re: No read word in slof*
>> *Date: *July 1, 2024 at 3:27:57 PM EDT
>> *To: *Jd Lyons <lyons_dj at yahoo.com>
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 03:06:50PM -0400, Jd Lyons wrote:
>>> Sagher, I’m having trouble trying to implement an xcoff-loader package
>>> for SLOF on qemu.
>>
>> (Segher)
>>
>>> Seems the read word is defined in the client.fs and it should be included
>>> in the romfs  build, but the word read returns undefined word in SLOF-qemu.
>>>
>>> Is it one of those things like the evaluator that has to be enabled?
>>
>> Please ask on the mailing list.  You get better advice there, from more
>> people than just me.  It is useful for other people as well, at least by
>> keeping a trail of previous questions and answers.  The usual.
>>
>> There are very many words named "read".  The one in client.fs is the
>> implementation of the standard client interface "read" thing.  It is
>> always included, in every build, and it works just fine.  But you access
>> client interface functionality via the client interface, you do not
>> normally call the implementation words directly.
>>
>> I have no idea what "romfs" is.
>>

>> Segher
>
> Thanks, Segher. I’m not sure I really understand it, seem some word that
> should be in the dictionary are not.
>
> Are you saying there are or could be several different way read is
> implemented and each section of SOLF may need to use it another way, so it’s
> just not a global word in the dictionary?

"read" is only available in certain device tree nodes, so you have to enter
that node first, e.g.:

0 > s" hvterm" select-dev   ok
0 > see read

1e667248: : read
1e667250:    0= 0BRANCH 1e667280
1e667268:       DROP 0 EXIT
1e667280:    my-unit hv-haschar 0= 0BRANCH 1e6672d8
1e6672a8:       0 SWAP C! LIT fffffffffffffffe EXIT
1e6672d8:    my-unit hv-getchar SWAP C! 1
1e667300: ;
  ok

  HTH,
   Thomas