[SLOF] XCOFF

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 21:06:31 AEDT 2022

> On Oct 3, 2022, at 1:38 AM, Thomas Huth <thuth at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/10/2022 16.02, Jd Lyons wrote:
>> Does SLOF support booting from an XCOFF file?
>
> No, I think it only supports ELF files.
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas, looks like Openbios has an xcoff-loader package, I would need to port this to SLOF. That should get me to loading bootx.

The next stage would be loading the kernel and such from the files system, so I’d have to port the hfs/hfs+ packages to SLOF or bootx also supports ext2 file systems.

That would get me to the point of a kernel panic, likely, as there are no “platform drivers” for the IBM pSeries machines in OS X.