[SLOF] SLOF cannot setup peripherals behind an XHCI hub

Nikunj A Dadhania nikunj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Jul 17 14:32:37 AEST 2016

Nikunj A Dadhania <nikunj at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> Laurent Vivier <lvivier at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need some help on this...
>>
>> If I put USB peripherals behind an USB hub, behind an XHCI controller,
>> SLOF cannot use them.
>>
>> -device nec-usb-xhci,id=controller1  \
>> -device usb-hub,id=usbhub1,bus=controller1.0,port=1  \
>> -device usb-mouse,id=usbmouse,port=1.1 \
>> -device usb-kbd,id=usbkbd,port=1.2  \
>> -device usb-tablet,id=usbtablet,port=1.3 \
>>
>> It works fine with pci-ohci controller or if I put peripherals directly
>> on the XHCI controller (ports 2, 3, 4).
>>
> [...]
>> Any idea?
>
> I will have a look at this tomorrow.

Referred the spec and the code, that is a missing feature currently.

Section: 4.3.3 - Device Slot Initialization
3) Initialize the Input Slot Context data structure (6.2.2).

Root Hub Port Number = Topology defined.
Route String = Topology defined 7 . Refer to section 8.9 in the USB3 spec. Note that the Route
String does not include the Root Hub Port Number.
Context Entries = 1.

We will need to implement USB 3.0: 8.9 Route String Field.

Regards
Nikunj