[SLOF] SLOF on JS21

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 20:26:05 AEDT 2016

On 20.01.2016 08:46, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
> On 01/20/2016 05:27 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:

>>> My js2x is running some firmware with the screen like:
>>>
>>> IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM
>>> IBM IBM
>>> IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM
>>> IBM IBM
>>> IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM
>>> IBM IBM
>>>
>>>            1 = SMS Menu                          5 = Default Boot List
>>>            8 = Open Firmware Prompt              6 = Stored Boot List
>>>

>>>       Memory      Keyboard     Network     SCSI     Speaker  ok
>>
>> That's the default pHyp based firmware.
>>
>>> which is not SLOF and takeover does not seem working there :-/
>>
>> What happens if you boot the takeover.elf?
>

> What is the boot command format there?
>
> This did not work:
> load net:bootp,10.61.2.7,takeover.elf,10.61.254.21
>
> It ignored my IP and used DHCP anyway and did not try loading my
> "takeover.elf". I had to do the complete setup of DHCP&etc :-/

Well, BOOTP is the predecessor of DHCP, so if you specify that, that
means automatic address retrieval. If it works the same way as in SLOF,
you simply have to omit the "bootp,":

 load net:10.61.2.7,takeover.elf,10.61.254.21

> Anyway, here is what I got so far:
>  Switching top HT bus to 800MHz...
>  Adapters on 00000000f2000000
>                      00 0800 (B) : 1166 0130    pci*
>                      01 0800 (D) : 1014 028c    citrine

I think I've seen this once or twice on the PowerStation, too, ... IIRC
it went away after rebooting. Not sure what the problem here is...

 Thomas