[SLOF] SLOF on JS21

Alexey Kardashevskiy aik at ozlabs.ru
Wed Jan 20 17:05:54 AEDT 2016

On 01/11/2016 06:34 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 11.01.2016 02:58, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
>> On 01/08/2016 07:11 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> [...]
>>> Now I'm back from vacation ... but currently I don't have the
>>> PowerStation with me anymore .... I'll try when I'm back at the
>>> location where I left it...
>>
>> Turns out I have JS22 (Type 7998) and JS21 (Type 8844) here where I can
>> try SLOF. btw are they any different from the SLOF bootability prospective?
>>
>> Also since it has been a while since I flashed those last time, can you
>> please send few commands how to flash slof and how to switch sides?
>
> SLOF only works on JS20 and JS21, since these were the PowerPC 970 based
> blades. JS22 is POWER6, so SLOF won't work there.
>
> JS21 also ships with a pHyp based firmware by default. So IIRC the
> easiest way to boot SLOF there is to set up a TFTP server on another
> machine, and then to boot the takeover image:
>
> - Build SLOF with "make js2x"
> - Then create the takeover image with "make -C board-js2x takeover"
> - Copy clients/takeover/takeover.elf to your TFTP server and boot it

My js2x is running some firmware with the screen like:

IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM
IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM
IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM IBM

           1 = SMS Menu                          5 = Default Boot List
           8 = Open Firmware Prompt              6 = Stored Boot List

      Memory      Keyboard     Network     SCSI     Speaker  ok

which is not SLOF and takeover does not seem working there :-/

--
Alexey