[SLOF] RFC: cp codes

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 23:19:38 AEDT 2016

On 10.02.2016 01:33, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
> On 02/09/2016 11:54 PM, Dinar Valeev wrote:

>>> So I'd suggest to introduce a new environment variable into
>>> slof/fs/envvar_defaults.fs and then check the contents of the variable
>>> during the "cp" Forth function, so that it only prints the backslashes
>>> if the envvar has the right value.
>>
>> Yep. Did it. But it seems a problem is envvar initialized a way after
>> we start printing cp codes.

Oh, I see, envvar.fs is included very late in OF.fs. You could try to
move it to an earlier spot, but I guess that will break the boot due to
various dependencies between the Forth files, e.g. SLOF likely has to
parse the flattened device tree from QEMU first to know how to access
the NVRAM ... :-/

The only other possibility to pass information to SLOF is currently the
flattened device tree from QEMU - but that likely also does not work
here since fdt.fs is also included quite late in OF.fs.

So maybe Alexey's suggestion to work-around the Firefox issue with a
plugin is worth a try instead?

 Thomas