[SLOF] xhci in slof issues

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 21:23:55 AEST 2016

On 21.04.2016 12:36, Dinar Valeev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While trying to fix my usb over vnc automated issues, I switched to
> xhci, which helped a lot OS wise, but I see a regression in SLOF.
>
> As you can see [1] we want to type an install repo url.  But at some
> point capitalization of some characters are lost. Nope
> openSUsE-tumbleweed instead of openSUSE-Tumbleweed.

I recently also hit a problem with XHCI keyboard ... and maybe they are
related. My problem is that "key?" is incredibly slow when using XHCI.
For example, run the following Forth code at the SLOF prompt:

 get-msecs 10 0 do key? . cr loop get-msecs swap - .d cr

With XHCI, this takes more than 7.5 seconds to finish here, while with
OHCI, this loop finishs within 400ms!

Nikunj, do you have a clue what might be wrong here?

 Thomas