[Skiboot] [ANNOUNCE] PEF/Ultravisor

Ram Pai linuxram at us.ibm.com
Sat Jan 2 13:11:31 AEDT 2021

The IBM POWER Ultravisor Team is proud to announce the opensourcing of
the PEF/Ultravisor software stack.

The PEF/Ultravisor code is available at https://github.com/open-power/ultravisor.
The code to build Ultravisor enabled skiboot is at https://github.com/rampai/skiboot.
The opbuild code to build the Ultravisor-enabled PNOR is at
	https://github.com/rampai/op-build.
The svm-build tools are at https://github.com/open-power/svm-tools.
The instructions with demo-videos to set up the PEF-enabled software stack is at
https://github.com/open-power/ultravisor/wiki/How-to-build-and-run-Secure-VM-using-Ultravisor-on-a-OpenPOWER-machine.

We hope that OpenPOWER community members with access to
Mihawk/Witherspoon will independently build and install the
PEF/Ultravisor software stack to run secure VMs.  We also hope that this
code will assist OpenPOWER community partners in enabling PEF on their
OpenPOWER platforms.

This is our first small step towards making Confidential-Computing a
reality on POWER platforms.

Happy new year 2021.