[Skiboot] Help with local_alloc unit tests

Ryan Grimm grimm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 27 07:21:00 AEST 2020

Oliver,

So, I was previously thinking we can stick some local_alloc and
local_free unit test cases in an allocator test, like you suggest.  I
thought run-mem_region.c would be the right place, since local_alloc
uses mem regions.  I got stuck b/c this test case uses the skiboot_heap
and local_alloc doesn't do that.

Should I do something like in run-mem_region_init.c where we create a
device tree, build up mem regions on various fake chips, and do
local_alloc and local_frees?

Maybe add this to run-mem_region_init.c?

I think that's the right path,  I'll give it a go.

Thanks,
Ryan