[Skiboot] New maintainer!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.ibm.com
Mon Jul 8 11:00:11 AEST 2019

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be handing over the skiboot maintainer role
to Oliver O'Halloran, with Vasant Hegde fully taking over all the stable trees.

Over this period I'll be helping do the final handover of various bits of
testing infrastructure I maintain and helping in any way that's needed,
including code and architecture review.

Vasant has been doing a great job on the stable tree front, and no doubt will
continue to evolve the process, enhancing efficiency and quality of our
stable trees.

This will bring to a close my near 5 years of maintaining the skiboot tree,
where about 5000 patches from over 100 developers have made their way into
master, as well as a lot of them backported to stable trees. In that time
we've also had over 7200 patches hit our public Patchwork, which shows that we
have a healthy culture of iterating in public before merging code.

Please do all you can to support Vasant and Oliver in these roles, including
doing wonderful in-depth code reviews, correctly CCing stable, and (of course)
continuing to write high quality code that comes with comprehensive tests.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.