[Skiboot] skiboot-5.4.7

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 19 16:46:27 AEST 2017

skiboot-5.4.7
*************

skiboot-5.4.7 was released on Tuesday September 19th, 2017. It
replaces skiboot-5.4.6 as the current stable release in the 5.4.x
series.

Over skiboot-5.4.6, we have two backported bug fixes for FSP
platforms:

* FSP: Add check to detect FSP Reset/Reload inside fsp_sync_msg()

  During FSP Reset/Reload we move outstanding MBOX messages from msgq
  to rr_queue including inflight message (fsp_reset_cmdclass()). But
  we are not resetting inflight message state.

  In extreme corner case where we sent message to FSP via
  fsp_sync_msg() path and FSP Reset/Reload happens before getting
  respose from FSP, then we will endup waiting in fsp_sync_msg() until
  everything becomes normal.

  This patch adds fsp_in_rr() check to fsp_sync_msg() and return error
  to caller if FSP is in R/R.

* platforms/ibm-fsp/firenze: Fix PCI slot power-off pattern

  When powering off the PCI slot, the corresponding bits should be set
  to 0bxx00xx00 instead of 0bxx11xx11. Otherwise, the specified PCI
  slot can’t be put into power-off state. Fortunately, it didn’t
  introduce any side-effects so far.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.