[Skiboot] (no subject)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Dec 2 07:51:56 AEDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 01:52 +1000, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> Firstly, Linux should set up MMU registers like PIDR properly in
> its per-CPU mmu initialisation at boot, patch for that should not
> be controversial.

So I was wondering how we got things into the PWC since we are
in real mode when we do the flush, but the above explains it.

We come up with a stale PIDR and turn the MMU on. We only
execute/load/store from Q3 but prefetch/speculation can hit Q0 and thus
get crap into the PWC.

So I think setting PIDR to 0 is the main fix. Cleaning up the rest also
makes sense of course.

Or am I missing something else still ?

Cheers,
Ben.