[Skiboot] skiboot LID > 1MB, "larger than partition"

Oliver O'Halloran oohall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:22:49 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Stewart Smith
<stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> stuff

Re-posting myself since "reply to" is not the same as "reply to all"

When you flash an oversized .lid the thing that gets truncated is a
copy of skiboot.map (160kb) which lives at the end of the blob and is
only used for generating stack traces. Truncating the blob isn't
ideal, but the impact is minor and we already have a solution
available (xz). I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this,
but we could look at using a Kconfig style system for selectively
building stuff from platforms/ or hw/