[Skiboot] [RFC v2 0/3] ffs partitioner

Cyril Bur cyril.bur at au1.ibm.com
Tue Nov 29 11:38:42 AEDT 2016

First RFC posted back in April: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/613460/

Hello all,

I've dusted off my work to get it upstream. I'm not sure I'm ready to
call it upstreamable yet but I would appreciate any feedback.

Stewart, I know you're particularly keen for this tool, here is the
latest version. My very narrow and specific tests seem to indicate it
can do what we want, I'm sure there are a bunch of edge cases that
will trip it up and result in broken pnors.

If someone has the cycles to look at it and decide they would like
this tool - and might even be able to use this version to help test,
that would be fantastic. I'm writing a test suite to go along with it
so that we can merge it with tests and go from there.

Changes since V1 of RFC:
 - Added correct handling for sides and backup TOCs

Cyril Bur (3):
  libflash/libffs: Rework libffs
  libffs: Understand how to create FFS partition TOCs and entries.
  external/ffspart: Simple C program to be able to make an FFS partition

 external/ffspart/Makefile  |  40 +++
 external/ffspart/ffspart.c | 416 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 external/ffspart/rules.mk  |  33 +++
 libflash/ffs.h             | 171 +++++++++---
 libflash/file.c            |   2 +-
 libflash/libffs.h          |  29 +++
 create mode 100644 external/ffspart/Makefile
 create mode 100644 external/ffspart/ffspart.c
 create mode 100644 external/ffspart/rules.mk

--
2.10.2