[Skiboot] Petitboot kernel entered into xmon after EEH Tests on a Fast-reboot enabled system

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com
Tue Nov 22 18:25:57 AEDT 2016

On 22/11/16 18:10, ppaidipe wrote:
> Hi
> In a fast-reboot enabled system, ran EEH fenced PHB tests. After
> completion of EEH tests
> Did a reboot in host OS. System tried two times booting automatically
> then Petitboot kernel
> entered into xmon.
> Attach is the console logs after reboot.

It looks like the PHB is already fenced when going into the new kernel,
which is pretty much guaranteed to fail.

At the moment, we don't do anything to reset the PHBs during fast reboot
- I'm about to fix that in the patches I'll send shortly to enable CAPI
Fast Reboot support.

Andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited