[Skiboot] skiboot-5.2.0-rc2 released
stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 9 17:40:49 AEDT 2016
I just tagged skiboot-5.2.0-rc2. Release notes below. I plan this to be
the near last RC for 5.2.0.
skiboot-5.2.0-rc2 was released on Wednesday March 9th, 2016.
skiboot-5.2.0-rc2 is the second release candidate of skiboot 5.2, which will
become the new stable release of skiboot following the 5.1 release, first
released August 17th, 2015.
skiboot-5.2.0-rc2 contains all bug fixes as of skiboot-5.1.14.
This is the second release that will follow the (now documented) Skiboot
stable rules - see doc/stable-skiboot-rules.txt.
The current plan is to release skiboot-5.2.0 mid-March 2016, with a focus on
bug fixing for future 5.2.0-rc releases (if any - I hope this will be the last)
Over skiboot-5.2.0-rc1, we have the following changes:
- Add Barreleye platform
- hw/p8-i2c: Speed up SMBUS_WRITE
- Fix early backtraces
- fsp-sensor: rework device tree for sensors
- platforms/firenze: Fix I2C clock source frequency
- Enable Simics UART console
- platforms/mambo: Add terminate callback
- fix hang in multi-threaded mambo
- add multithreaded mambo tests
- hw/ipmi: fix event data 1 for System Firmware Progress sensor
- ipmi: Log exact NetFn value in OPAL logs
AST BMC based platforms:
- hw/bt: allow BT driver to use different buffer size
- opal-prd: Add debug output for firmware-driven OCC events
We indicate when we have a user-driven event, so add corresponding
outputs for firmware-driven ones too.
- Add Naples chip support
OPAL Architect, IBM.
More information about the Skiboot