[Skiboot] [PATCH v4 0/8] Support for POWER ISA v3 idle states
Shreyas B. Prabhu
shreyas at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 16 23:56:12 AEST 2016
POWER ISA v3 defines a new idle processor core mechanism. In summary,
a) new instruction named stop is added. This instruction replaces
instructions like nap, sleep, rvwinkle.
b) new per thread SPR named Processor Stop Status and Control Register
(PSSCR) is added which controls the behavior of stop instruction.
This patch series adds support for the new idle states and also has
some minor cleanups.
Changes in V4:
- Based on Mikey's suggestion, add patches to remove unnecessary type
cast and replace strcpy with strncpy
- Packed struct cpu_idle_states and local variables in
add_cpu_idle_state_properties to ensure there are no holes.
- Improved comments.
- Move all macros associated with power-mgt nodes to opal-api.h
- packed enum proc_chip_quirks after removing QUIRK_DISABLE_NAP
- Took Mikey's suggestion and changed the if condition to avoid
Changes in V3:
- Rebased on master
- Added documentation for device tree bindings
- minor whitespace cleanup
Changes in V2:
- Patches are based on top of "[PATCH v2 0/7] Add POWER9 support"
patches posted here-
Shreyas B. Prabhu (8):
slw: Simplify if-condition while adding idle states to device tree
slw: Change variable name can_winkle to has_slw
slw: Remove unnecessary type casting cast
slw: Add Power9 idle states to power-mgt dt node
doc/device-tree: Add documentation for ibm,cpu-idle-state-* properties
slw: Move macros associated with power-mgt nodes to opal-api.h
slw: Allow adding idle states to power-mgt node in mambo
slw: use strncpy instead of strcpy
core/chip.c | 3 +-
doc/device-tree/ibm,opal/power-mgt.txt | 32 +++-
hw/slw.c | 326 +++++++++++++++++++++------------
include/chip.h | 5 +-
include/opal-api.h | 31 +++-
5 files changed, 271 insertions(+), 126 deletions(-)
More information about the Skiboot