[Skiboot] Sphinx/ReSructured Text (RST) for skiboot docs (maybe others?)

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 13 09:14:28 AEST 2016

Hi all,

So, it seems that the Linux kernel and devicetree.org are heading (or
have headed) to use RST (ReStructured Text) and the sphinx
infrastructure around it.

For skiboot we currently have:
- text files in doc/

and for broader OpenPower firmware, we have:
- some markdown
- some text files
- some PDFs
- ???

So, I'd be happy going the sphinx/restructured text way for skiboot and
maybe even the broader documentation efforts. It's a single toolchain,
rather well known, well maintained, easy to write in (wiki like syntax).

Anybody have any thoughts?

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.