[Skiboot] [RFC 0/3] More FFS capabilities

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 7 11:17:39 AEST 2016

Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> writes:
> In the original ffs tool, the flags were a free form set of user data
> word. This patch set attempts to enumerate the flags even though many
> of them are not of concern to skiboot but are used only by hostboot. I
> suspect some of them are changing for P9.
>
> Can we give a mechanism to still add to the user data words without
> modifying the upstream skiboot repo?

After a bit of thought, perhaps it is a good idea to make someone change
the repo, that way at least we have *one* place where code (if not
documentation) exists for this bit of ABI.

Arguably, changes to flags here should end up going both into code and
documentation.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.