[Skiboot] Upcoming major skiboot releases

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 29 12:04:54 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

We probably want to move to a pretty regular cadence of skiboot releases
(every 3 months?) with a process for knowing which ones are going to get
extended support (like the 5.1.x series). This is likely sometihng we
need to co-ordinate with op-build, as it probably makes sense to do
roughly the same thing, and it likely makes sense to somewhat sync with
Linux so that firmware and kernel support can hit at roughly the same time

Anyway,

as plans *currently* stand, I'll be looking at doing a skiboot 5.2 by
April (by the OpenPower Summit), and we'll have a subsequent major
release around August.

These plans may change, especially as we co-ordinate better amongst
components, but this is my current plans.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.