[Skiboot] Talk: Adventures in OpenPOWER firmware from linux.conf.au 2016

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 11 09:46:16 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

The video from my talk "Adventures in OpenPOWER Firmware" from the
recent linux.conf.au 2016 in Geelong is up!

It's an overview and introduction to all of the firmware components that
go into an OpenPOWER machine - and I strongly encourage you to share it
around to anyone who wants to learn about how OpenPOWER firmware fits
together in ~45 minutes.

You can view/download it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4XGvssR-ag
http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2016/03_Wednesday/Costa_Hall/Adventures_in_OpenPower_Firmware.webm

It also got linked to on the front page of slashdot[1] along with the
Talos Secure Workstation, which pushed an extra 1,000 odd people to view
my blog post about the video[2] and the video is currently at over 623
views, which is great!

[1] http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/02/08/189253/talos-secure-workstation-is-free-software-centric-and-3100-updated
[2] https://www.flamingspork.com/blog/2016/02/08/my-linux-conf-au-2016-talk-adventures-in-openpower-firmware-is-up/

--