[Skiboot] [RFC v2 3/3] external/ffspart: Simple C program to be able to make an FFS partition

Cyril Bur cyril.bur at au1.ibm.com
Thu Dec 8 10:21:18 AEDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 14:21 +1100, Stewart Smith wrote:
> Cyril Bur <cyril.bur at au1.ibm.com> writes:
> > A typical input file to generate something that current op-build
> > would create:
> > HBI,0x00010000,0x05a0000,EV,./bins/HBI.bin
>
> Could we have size and offset be set to 0 to auto-size them based on
> the
> file provided?

I was waiting for someone to mention this - yes. I wonder if another
character, '-' or '*' might be better idea just to disambiguate and
avoid mistakes.

I'll add this feature before I resend.

I also wonder if I might add a 'special' line for the first line, must
contain something like '!' at the start to denote its presence which
would essentially contain the command line args so that the only
information needed to generate a pnor is the input file (with the data
obviously).

Thanks,

Cyril