[Skiboot] skiboot-5.0.4 tagged and released!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 19 07:02:51 AEST 2015

Hi all,

I've just tagged skiboot-5.0.4 and put up a pull request for this to go
into the upcoming op-build v1.4.

There's a few changes here that are worth noting, including some
important bug fixes:

Generic
-------
- cpu: fix hang in opal_reinit_cpus()
  A bug introduced in 87690bd19dbb (skiboot-5.0) mean that if a host OS
  was calling opal_reinit_cpus() with offline threads (e.g. kdump with
  SMT!=8 on POWER8), we could, instead of kdumping, hang forever.

  A side effect of this fix is that it is not possible to have a kdump
  kernel be a different endian than the host kernel.
- Correctly set the Relative Priority Register
  This means that on boot, the RPR will be set to a known value (the
  same as phyp). This register controls the relative priority of each
  thread in a core.
  Previously, we were leaving it to whatever HostBoot set it to, which
  may not be the desired value.

astbmc systems
- enable prd_init() for Firestone platform
- fix bug in hw/bt.c that would dereference an invalid address, likely
  causing a checkstop.
- ipmi/sel: fix use after free

Enjoy!