[Skiboot] skiboot code review

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 31 16:02:14 AEST 2015

Hi all,

Here's a bit of analysis as to skiboot code review over time.

I'm going to look at the following releases:
skiboot-4.0
skiboot-4.1
skiboot-4.1.1
skiboot-5.0
skiboot-5.1.0

These are all the tagged releases since we started doing tagged open
source releases. i.e. they exclude things before the initial import into
the tree that went out to github and that we work off now.

(the gitdm reports are available from
http://open-power.github.io/skiboot/  and in the gh-pages branch of
skiboot)

For skiboot-4.0 we had:
- 313 csets from 20 developers, 14 reviews, 21 acked-by, 1 tested-by
for skiboot-4.1 we had:
- 84 csets from 17 developers,   2 reviews,  3 acked-by, 0 tested-by
for skiboot-4.1.1 we had:
- 44 csets from 9 developers,    0 reviwes,  2 acked-by, 0 tested-by
for skiboot-5.0 we had:
- 285 csets from 19 developers, 16 reviews, 13 acked-by, 1 tested-by
for skiboot-5.1 we had:
- 372 csets from 27 developers, 24 reviews, 12 acked-by, 1 tested-by

So what can we learn from this? Around 4.1/4.1.1 we had fewer commits as
this was around end/start of year, and many people take vacation, and it
seems that getting review around here was hard.

Since the end of January this year (when I tagged 4.1.1), we seem to
have been better at getting reviews and acks than over the previous
several months.

I'd like to call out Jeremy, Alistair, Vasant and Joel for being the
most prolific reviewers and ackers (is that a word? it is now!). Vasant
easily won the top reviews in 5.1.0 with 9 (37.5% of reviews).

Heading up to our next release, I'd love to see those with one or two
reviews/acks doing more!