[Skiboot] skiboot-4.1 tagged!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 11 16:44:07 AEDT 2014

Hi all,

Yesterday I tagged (which I guess means released) skiboot-4.1 which has
a wonderful amount of changes from skiboot-4.0 released Nov 19th 2014.

For the full set of changes, 'git log' is your friend!

Changes include:
- We now build with -fstack-protector and -Werror
- Stack checking extensions when built with STACK_CHECK=1
- Reduced stack usage in some areas, -Wstack-usage=1024 now.
  - Some functions could use 2kb stack, now all are <1kb
- Unsafe libc functions such as sprintf() have been removed
- Symbolic backtraces
- expose skiboot symbol map to OS (via device-tree)
- removed machine check interrupt patching in OPAL
- occ/hbrt: Call stopOCC() for implementing reset OCC command from FSP
- occ: Fix the low level ACK message sent to FSP on receiving {RESET/LOAD}_OCC
- hardening to errors of various FSP code
  - fsp: Avoid NULL dereference in case of invalid class_resp bits-
  abort if device tree parsing fails
  - FSP: Validate fsp_msg in fsp_queue_msg
  - fsp-elog: Add various NULL checks
- Finessing of when to use error log vs prerror()
- More i2c work
- Can now run under Mambo simulator (see external/mambo/skiboot.tcl)
  (commonly known as "POWER8 Functional Simulator")
- Document skiboot versioning scheme
- opal: Handle more TFAC errors.
  - TB_RESIDUE_ERR, FW_CONTROL_ERR and CHIP_TOD_PARITY_ERR
- ipmi: populate FRU data
- rtc: Add a generic rtc cache
- ipmi/rtc: use generic cache
- Error Logging backend for bmc based machines
- PSI: Drive link down on HIR
- occ: Fix clearing of OCC interrupt on remote fix

Commit stats for skiboot-4.0..skiboot-4.1:

Processed 84 csets from 17 developers
1 employers found
A total of 3271 lines added, 1314 removed (delta 1957)

Developers with the most changesets
Stewart Smith               24 (28.6%)
Benjamin Herrenschmidt      17 (20.2%)
Alistair Popple              8 (9.5%)
Vasant Hegde                 6 (7.1%)
Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli    5 (6.0%)
Neelesh Gupta                4 (4.8%)
Mahesh Salgaonkar            4 (4.8%)
Cédric Le Goater            3 (3.6%)
Wei Yang                     3 (3.6%)
Anshuman Khandual            2 (2.4%)
Shilpasri G Bhat             2 (2.4%)
Ryan Grimm                   1 (1.2%)
Anton Blanchard              1 (1.2%)
Shreyas B. Prabhu            1 (1.2%)
Joel Stanley                 1 (1.2%)
Vaidyanathan Srinivasan      1 (1.2%)
Dan Streetman                1 (1.2%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Benjamin Herrenschmidt    1290 (35.1%)
Alistair Popple            963 (26.2%)
Stewart Smith              344 (9.4%)
Mahesh Salgaonkar          308 (8.4%)
Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli  198 (5.4%)
Neelesh Gupta              186 (5.1%)
Vasant Hegde               122 (3.3%)
Shilpasri G Bhat            39 (1.1%)
Vaidyanathan Srinivasan     24 (0.7%)
Joel Stanley                21 (0.6%)
Wei Yang                    20 (0.5%)
Anshuman Khandual           15 (0.4%)
Cédric Le Goater           12 (0.3%)
Shreyas B. Prabhu            9 (0.2%)
Ryan Grimm                   3 (0.1%)
Anton Blanchard              2 (0.1%)
Dan Streetman                2 (0.1%)

Developers with the most lines removed
Mahesh Salgaonkar          287 (21.8%)

Developers with the most signoffs (total 54)
Stewart Smith               44 (81.5%)
Vasant Hegde                 4 (7.4%)
Benjamin Herrenschmidt       4 (7.4%)
Vaidyanathan Srinivasan      2 (3.7%)

Developers with the most reviews (total 2)
Vasant Hegde                 2 (100.0%)

and more of the patches that went into skiboot came in via the public
mailing list, which means our efforts to transition to an open source
project rather than an internal project are working!

For the next release, I'll be looking at closing things off around the
19th January (just after linux.conf.au).