[Simplicity] Fwd: Fuzz testing vectors

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:43:18 AEDT 2019

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM Keagan McClelland
<keagan.mcclelland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question of clarification: Are the contents of these files the serialized witness program input to the evaluator?

Indeed. They're just inputs to elements_simplicity_execSimplicity,
like the other test inputs in the C directory.  I'm attaching a
unified diff that turns test.c into something that reads these files
on stdin.

You can then run it against all the tests with a "for i in
simplicityC_tests/*; do echo $i ; ./test < $i; done".

I'm sure the crashes/asserts will get fixed shortly.

> If we want to do more intelligent fuzzing (well-typed programs), it may be easier to set those kinds of tests up in Haskell's quickcheck and send them over the FFI boundary to the C evaluator.

Perhaps! something would need to be done to bound the runtime-- either
by imposing it in quickcheck or limiting it in the implementation,
since it can have runtime which is exponential in the input size.