[rhype] error booting 2.6.11

Jimi Xenidis jimix at watson.ibm.com
Fri Mar 18 09:04:35 EST 2005

 SS> was the latest update to CVS aimed to help kernel 2.6.11 boot on x-86?

It was the first part, I still have no time to bring back my x86
testing environment, so I'm glad you got that far :)

 >> ../../rhype/hype/x86/././vm.c:156: ASSERT(vaddr < HV_VBASE)
 >> bad vaddr
 >> BREAKPOINT

 SS> do i have to keep in imnd something while creating initrd image or while
 SS> configuring kernel or is the error somewhere else?

Once I get my environment back up I'll try to reproduce your issue.
What has happened here is that your OS is trying to map in an HV
specific address (or garbage)

There is a lowest common linux config is in
<linux>/configs/config.bochs, this one almost always works.
if you get a chance please give it a try
-JX