[rhype] selecting images

Jimi Xenidis jimix at watson.ibm.com
Fri Mar 11 22:34:56 EST 2005

 SS> ../../rhype/hype/uartNS16750.c: In function `uartNS16750_init':
 SS> ../../rhype/hype/uartNS16750.c:218: warning: implicit declaration of
 SS> function `uartNS16750_debug_status'

Sigh, these are so easy to miss sometimes, thanks for catching.. they
are fixed.

[snip]

 >> Choose one of the following images
 >> 01: yield
 >> 02: ipcmon
 SS>   .
 SS>   <<some text deleted>>
 SS>   .
 >> y: yield forever
 >> M: partition size (1 x CHUNK_SIZE) (1..9)

 SS> What do I need at this point so that I can choose the image?
You do not necessaryily need thinwire, but it is much easier to use
the test infrastructure that way.

if you add "--enable-thinwire" to configure, it will make sure that
the thinwire host programs are added to you CVS repository in the
right place.
to get them manually, cd to rhype/thinwire and then:
  $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous:@kcvs.watson.ibm.com:/u/kitchawa/cvsroot \
      co thinwire-src

you will still need to ad --enable-thinwire in configure.

 SS> Documentation says I should stop minicom and start thinwire on dev
 SS> machine.

Good news is you no longer need minicom, thinwire can handle the raw
character flow.

-JX