[Quickcall] quickcalld can't get idVendor

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Sun Jul 24 18:30:05 AEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 05:38:06PM +1200, Luke wrote:
> Hi David,
> I have just got a Logitech F-0590B Cordless Internet Handset, and I am
> having trouble getting it working on Linux.
>
> I am using Ubuntu MATE 16.04, and
>
>  * Downloaded the GIT repository
>  * Installed libusb-dev and libasound2-dev.
>  * Built the program with make
>  * Tried to run the resulting binary file (quickcalld)
>  * It asks for a sysfs directory,
>
>    $ sudo ./quickcalld -v /sys
>    Probing /sys...
>    Probing for Quickcall at /sys
>    Couldn't get idVendor from /sys: No such file or directory
>
> Have you got any suggestions?

So, there are at least two problems here.

The most significant is that the F-0590B is not the same thing as the
Quickcall device which quickcalld supports[1], so there's really no
way it's going to work.

In any case quickcalld needs to take the path under sysfs to the
specific device, not just "/sys".  That path is most easily supplied
by the included udev rules file.

[1]
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/quickcall-usb-speakerphone

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson